Monday, July 06, 2009

Anastacia

Pop singer Anastacia performs a live concert

In my post on Anthrax I was writing about how small the pit for us photogs was, and how we almost had to sit on our behind on the floor not to knock over the musicians with our lenses. I was praying for a wider angle lens back then.

Anastacia sings live at Hallenstadion Zurich

That was definitely not the problem with Anastacia's show: They didn't let us in the pit, but only to the FOH. The confirmation from the promoter just stated that we should bring "appropriately long" lenses.

Anastacia's stage during her performance at Hallenstadion Zurich

The photog from Keystone took them by their word and showed up with a $16.000 600mm lens with two teleconverters. The stage definitely was lit beautifully bright enough to allow for such light-hungry glass, but also my wallet definitely is beautifully light enough to not allow such $$-hungry glass. I also would wonder how I would transport such a thing on my bicycle - attach wheels and drag it behind me maybe? Ok, gadgegt envy, I admit it :D

Singer Anastacia dances with her fans during her performance at Hallenstadion Zurich

I had rightly assumed that my 24-70mm wouldn't be of much help, so I'd only brought the 70-200mm and a friend's 200-400mm. That gave me the opportunity to shoot Anastacia, her band, and her stage. Lots of light, Anastacia in white, lit from the front, beautiful colors - I guess I wouldn't even have found it half as beautiful if I'd shot the show from the pit. Great show!

Stage setup for Anastacia's live show at Hallenstadion

PS: Copyright for all the pictures in this post is owned by lautundspitz.ch, who also organized my photo pass.

No comments: