Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eastpak Antidote Tour

Live rock concert at Volkshaus Zurich
Remember last year? I do - it was a 2hr trip by car to Pratteln, my friend Lina was with me, and among the bands on stage were AlexIsOnFire and Anti-Flag.

Eastpak Antidote Tour in Zurich, Switzerland

This year, the Eastpak Antidote Tour stopped a little closer by (a 30 minute ride by bicycle - downhill!), at Volkshaus in Zurich. On the bill four bands - or shall I say: Sum41 and 3 openers (The Black Pacific, The Riverboat Gamblers, and Veara). Especially the former two were definitely worth seeing - thanks for posing!



I don't know if the security guard thought it was my first time in a pit when he walked up to me before Sum41's set and told me that we'd have to watch out since they would be carrying out kids... but when the first song kicked in, I understood what he meant: They asked who wanted to sing along on stage, and chose some lucky (?) ones which then got pulled out of the crowd and helped onto the stage. A fine idea, which they repeated for most of the 2nd song, too, which almost threw me and my (only!) fellow shooter Macel's count of songs off.



Song number 3 went down without kids being picked from the crowd with the band idly noodling around, but I still wish they'd have as much effort into posing as their openers :)

No comments: