Friday, November 06, 2009

Moby

Light during Moby's concert at Volkshaus

Dear musicians. If you don't want photographers to bother your devoted fans in the first row, just don't give us a photo pass. If you give me a pass, I assume you want me there and take great photos and promote you, your music, etc. (which comes, by the way, at zero cost to you).

Moby playing live at Volkshaus Zurich

There is no need for excessive use of dark red light, tons of light at the back of the stage, fog machines, lots of blue and green light, or light settings whose brightness varies all over the place. If you don't want us there, don't let us in. There's no need to annoy us.



Because I'd rather go and have pizza with my friend than wasting my time trying to take a good picture to promote you where you're doing everything in your power to make it impossible to take a good picture. Ok? Next time, just say "no, I hate photographers, please go eat a pizza". It'd be more honest :-P

Moby performing a concert

Thankfully my skills in making good photos out of non-optimal light situations excel the skills of whoever was in charge of the light at Mr. Moby's show in making my life harder. Hope you enjoy the pics :-)

No comments: