Thursday, March 03, 2011

Gregorian

Gregorian during a live concert at BEA Expo in Berne, Switzerland
Via my friend, the awesome fire drummer Harry Reischmann, I learned about Gregorian playing in Zurich (at the awesome theater 11!).

Gregorian (and their fantastic light show) during a concert

Theater 11 is the perfect place for a show like Gregorian put it on: You really get to see the great light show (including Harry's fire drumming), and the acoustics were perfect. The "Monks" are classically trained singers; my ears enjoyed listening to such perfect singing *very* much!

Drummer Harry Reischmann spits fire while performing live with Gregorian in Berne

Since it was a weekend, they were going to play 2 shows (one in the afternoon, one in the evening), and during the break, I took some pictures with Harry, his drumset, and THE ANIMAL (his mascot from the muppet show). I even got to watch the 2nd show from the stage :)

Gregorian during a live performance in Berne, Switzerland

The day after, I drove to Bern to take the photos you're seeing in this post at their show at BEA Expo Halle 310.

A single "monk" of Gregorian singing live whilst standing amidst the audience

Obviously, I can't get their songs outta my head now. And I can't put on any screamo any more: My ears have become too snobbish for that since having heard Gregorian ;-)

Gregorian and singer Amelia Brightman perform during a live concert at BEA Expo in Bern

No comments: